Serie A striker on way to West Ham but not Raheem Sterling before deadline claim top sources. A Serie A striker is on his way to West Ham before next week’s transfer deadline but not Raheem Sterling it has been claimed by top sources.
West Ham have made eight signings this summer but their business is not done yet. Certainly not if they can ship one or two players out before next week’s transfer deadline.
The top spokesman inside the club told Hammers News that West Ham could sign another two or three players after completing a deal for Aaron Wan-Bissaka. West Ham boss Julen Lopetegui is said to want another midfielder and a younger forward for the long-term.
PSG outcast Carlos Soler is reportedly edging closer to joining the Irons on loan with an obligation to buy. The Hammers have also been heavily linked with Villa’s Jhon Duran, Chelsea’s Raheem Sterling and Roma’s Tammy Abraham of late.
The future of Sterling at Chelsea suddenly became big news this week. But those following Hammers News won’t have been one bit surprised by the situation.
Chelsea have been trying to offload Sterling to West Ham.
Way back in mid-June, Hammers News exclusively reported that Chelsea chief Todd Boehly had been speaking to West Ham about taking Sterling off their hands.
West Ham want midfielder and striker signings
Boehly – once linked with a Hammers takeover before leading the Chelsea buyout – offered Sterling to David Sullivan and London rivals Crystal Palace according to journalist Graeme Bailey.
Speaking to Hammers News at the time, Bailey claimed his Chelsea sources told him they were ‘desperate to get Sterling out’ of Stamford Bridge.
So desperate in fact they offered him to West Ham and were even willing to pick up a large portion of his wages.
“They (Chelsea hierarchy) think Palace and West Ham might be the only options,” Bailey told Hammers News.
“They are willing to cover a huge chunk of his wages, which actually makes him sort of tempting.”
Enzo Maresca’s confirmation that Sterling has no future at Chelsea has reignited claims Sterling could join West Ham.
Especially as he can be played as a pacy second striker and Lopetegui wanting to be able to play a 352 formation at times – which is how West Ham ended the defeat to Villa.
Sterling also made it clear he wants a fresh challenge and to remain in the Premier League.
Serie A striker on way but not Sterling claim top sources. Duran and longstanding West Ham target Abraham have also been linked with loan moves to east London.
Again with both deals carrying obligations to buy.
Well the Serie A striker is ‘on his way to West Ham’ but not Sterling before the deadline claim top sources.
According to top Hammers insider Sean Whetstone, reports that West Ham are interested in taking Sterling are simply not true. “No truth in West Ham interest in Raheem Sterling,” Whetstone said.
“We have too many wingers already and no money left to pay a big transfer fee suggests a club source.”
NO truth in West Ham interest in Raheem Sterling. We have too many wingers already and no money left to pay a big transfer fee suggests a club source pic.twitter.com/8u0BUwdt3F
— West Ham Football (@westhamfootball) August 23, 2024
View Tweet
Abraham to West Ham claims journalist who broke Paqueta
According to the journalist who first broke news of West Ham’s move for Lucas Paqueta, Roma outcast Abraham could be set toarrive at the London Stadium in the next week.